Are you looking for a career in fashion but aren’t sure you would “fit in?” The good news is that there is a place for everyone in fashion as the industry is divided into different categories namely, design, production, marketing, advertising, public relations, textiles, supply chain management, promotion, journalism, photography, sales and many more.
South Africa has seen an increase in fashion courses offered on a tertiary level around the country from short courses at training institutions to accredited degrees at major universities.
Some of the best degree and diploma courses in fashion can be found at the following institutions:
1. The University of Johannesburg
2. Tshwane University of Technology
3. Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
4. Durban University of Technology
5. Cape Peninsula University of Technology
6. The Design School Southern Africa
7. Cape Town college of fashion design
8. North West School of Design
1. Design Academy of Fashion (#1 fashion education in Africa)
With these amazing options (and others not mentioned in this list) you can let your creative light shine, pursue your dreams and leave your unique print on this dynamic industry.