Updated: Jul 4, 2020
if you have access to any form of media then you’ve probably come across the term athleisure. It’s literally everywhere. However, if you’re still in the dark about this growing trend, here’s what you need to know:
· It is athletic-inspired clothing without the inherent technical function.
· It is a summation of the words ‘athletics’ and ‘leisure.’
· They can be worn for moderate exercises, everyday-wear and also casual occasions.
· They are odour-free versatile and durable
· It is conducive to every weather
· The designs are fun and flattering
With many more amazing facts and innovative technology, athleisure is a trend that is here to stay. With comfortable items that are functional in almost any social setting, it is a trend everyone can get in on
African brands have also jumped on this trend and have incorporated African fashion and prints into their athleisure wear. One of these brands is SoTribal, which creates Ankara print sweatshirts, another is Ludas athleisure with its bold and chic designs.
This multi-billion dollar industry continues to multiply. As more and more people around the world embrace this trend, the more innovation, quality and design are improved in this increasingly competitive market.